Plastic, so popular but so damaging for our planet
Due to Blue Planet II, plastics and their harmful effect on the world we live in have become headline news. Plastic is, undeniably, one of the most popular and useful materials of modern times. It can be coloured, melted, shaped, squashed and rolled into sheets; it is lightweight, durable and inexpensive. All of this makes plastic ideal for a huge range of products, from food packaging to medicinal syringes and car bumpers.
5 trillion pieces of plastics in our oceans
As great as plastics are for making things, they’re also very good at staying around, and not in a good way. This means, that if we dispose of them incorrectly, they can stay put in the wrong place for a very long time. And that place tends to be the ocean. It is now thought that more than five trillion pieces of plastic are in our oceans and experts believe that, by 2050, there will be more plastic there than fish.
We need to rethink what plastic waste is. It’s not rubbish, or something to be discarded. It’s a valuable resource. This means there is absolutely no need to throw plastics in a general waste bin. And no need for them to end up in our oceans. They can be recycled. And into amazing reusable products.
Did you know…
Around the world, one million plastic bottles are bought every minute!
Our Service. Your Solution.
At Printwaste, we currently collect the following types of plastic:
- PET (Polyethylene) e.g. plastic bottles
- HDPE (High-density polyethylene) e.g. milk bottles
- PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) e.g. vinyl flooring
- LDPE (Low-density polyethylene) e.g. sandwich bags
- PP (Polypropylene) e.g. yogurt pots
- PS (Polystyrene) e.g. block packaging
- We will advise you on the best solution to help you with your plastic problems.
- We will provide you with the right storage solutions to suit your business’ needs.
- For larger quantities, this could be a 1100L bin or a large Roll On Roll Off container.
- For smaller quantities, such as plastic bottles, we’ll provide you with internal office bins and polythene bags (to prevent leaks).
Loop Closed. Resource Recycled.
How we add value to your business…
We help maximise your recycling rates.
We turn your waste into a valuable resource.
We diverting plastic waste away from landfill and our oceans.